Viherpeukalo keskellä kämmentä

Viikonloppupuutarhurin jorinoita / Musings of a weekend gardener

lauantaina, helmikuuta 11, 2006

Pride (In the Name of Love)

Yesterday I bought two gardening magazines, Country Gardens and The English Garden. Country Gardens had an article about daffodils that I just had to have and I'd never seen the English Garden magazine before, so I decided to buy that one as well. They cost a little under 8 euros each, which is quite ridiculous considering I can get an actual book about gardening at the price of four magazines. Both were good though, so no regrets :)

Seeing the lovely pictures of gardens made me long for spring. I've still got one and a half months to go before I even see my garden.

My choice of picture is going to be horrendously boring, as it's the same variety of daffodil as the previous one. Heck, it might even be the exactly same bulb. But it demonstrates beautifully the effect of the weather (or the temperature) on daffodil coloring. This is from Spring 2004 which was nice and warm. Taken with the same camera, on a similar sunny day, at the same stage of the flower development.

And if you think that the pictures are exactly alike, you need to take steps to become more narcissistic ;)

I promise I'll take a break from the daffodil pictures after this :)



Käväisin kommentin jättäneen Katin sivulla, ja löysinpä sieltä yllättäen uuden suomalaisen blogilinkin.

Ei saa piileskellä, vaan pitää astua rohkeasti esiin ja ilmoittautua blogilistalle. Tämä koskee myös teitä :)

Narcissus Pink Pride

2 Comments:

At 11 helmikuuta, 2006 13:24, Blogger Jaska said...

Kiva, että sinä tiedotat uusista mielenkiintoisista sivuista. Minulta kun ne tahtovat unohtua mainitsematta, Kati esim. ;-)

 
At 11 helmikuuta, 2006 13:34, Blogger Narcissa said...

Kun ei pääse omaan puutarhaan, ja aiheesta pitäisi silti keksiä jotain sanottavaa, uudet puutarhablogit ovat loistava tekosyy blogata :)

 

Lähetä kommentti

<< Home