Viherpeukalo keskellä kämmentä

Viikonloppupuutarhurin jorinoita / Musings of a weekend gardener

maanantaina, huhtikuuta 17, 2006

Lovin' it

Just back from a heavenly Easter weekend in my garden. I spent it knee deep in mud, snow or mixture of both. Each day brought some new sign of spring and the snow kept turning into mud at an astounding rate. My car looks like a three-year-old who's been left unsupervised to play in a puddle. Never mind the clothes that I gardened in.

Despite the conditions I managed to get stuff done, cleaned some flowerbeds and even raked a part of the garden. Lots of brown to put into the compost as soon as it gets going again. Wildlife was out in the full force too; I saw swans, cranes, ladybugs and even a lone butterfly.

Below is the first flower I could find in my garden this spring. It's a crocus and I most definitely didn't plant it where it sprung up. I guess I finally have something to thank the moles/voles for...



Kun torstaina näin puutarhan lumikinosten alla meinasi minut vallata epätoivo. Mutta heti kun löysin krookuksen ainoasta lumen alta pilkottavasta paikasta kukkapenkissä usko kevääseen palasi. Enkä joutunut pettymään; lumi suli pääsiäisen aikana kohisten ja joka päivä puutarhasta löytyi jotain uutta. Alla siis kiirastorstain tähti.